CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Posted: 02:25 PM ET

NEW YORK - It’s Halloween and I'm going as the president. Not the president we have now, George Bush. And not the one we could have after Tuesday, Barack Obama or John McCain. No, I'm going as the scariest possible president of them all - Sarah Palin.

Gov. Sarah Palin's doppleganger, anchor Jami Floyd, on In Session set

Because if Sen. McCain wins next Tuesday, this woman will be a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. And maybe she's ready. Maybe all you need to be president is a good hairdo, a pair of non-reflective lenses and a red suit. Heck, I've got all of that. Maybe I should run?

After all, lots of Americans say they can relate to Sarah Palin. But I can't. Because we just don't have all that much in common. She's a Republican. I'm a Democrat. Her kids play hockey. Mine play soccer. She lives in a state with a population of 700,000. I live in a city of 8 million. They hunt moose in Alaska. In New York, we hunt cockroaches. She's got a $150,000 wardrobe. Me not so much.

But what do I know? She's a maverick. She can see Russia from her backyard. So maybe she is ready to take that 3 a.m. call. But be careful what you wish for. Because after tonight I can take off this Sarah Palin costume. But Palin may just one day find herself president. And we may all pay the price.

-Jami Floyd, In Session anchor

Filed under: Uncategorized

Lee   October 31st, 2008 2:35 pm ET

I thought this was CourtTV with a new name. Now I see that it is really CNN and politics is the game. I think political comments are inappropriate in this courtroom setting.

MIRNA   October 31st, 2008 2:54 pm ET

NO WONDER YOU WORK FOR CNN!

tom   October 31st, 2008 2:55 pm ET

What a waste of viewers time... this "last word" nonsense. I like others could care less what Jamie Floyd's personal political views are. They have nothing to do trail and the courts. Everyone knows that CNN has been in the tank for O'bama since day one, but this commentary by Floyd takes it too far. How many viewers are going to have to complain about her before you move her to the back office??

Spider   October 31st, 2008 3:16 pm ET

This article is posted on "In Session"? I thought these articles where about courtroom topics.

So refreshing to find an objective, totally unbiased journalist, isn't it folks?

"a heartbeat away from the Oval Office."

So is Joe Biden. This is the man who guarantees us that Barack Obama will be tested in his first six months in office and will need help making decisions at that time. But, as Joe points out, we shouldn't worry because Joe will be there to help him out.
Does anyone remember why we were all so enamored with Senator Obama in the first place? He was not "old Washington". He was a brand new shining light. Yet, we all watched as names like Kennedy, Biden and Powell rallied around him. Those names aren't "old Washington"? Those people won't be the ones to "help" him out in a crisis?

As far as the "heartbeat away", what are the chances McCain will die in office? 20%? 50%? 75%? Who knows? Think those chances are a whole lot different than the chances Obama will get assassinated? Remember, as if Jami doesn't remind us often enough, racism is still alive and well in America. Hey, the assassin could be a feminist former Hillary supporter. Sexism is rampant also. Right Jami?

LONNIE   October 31st, 2008 3:18 pm ET

JAMI, WHO CARES WHO YOU DRESS UP AS?? WHY DID YOU BRING UP YOUR PARTY AFFILIATION ON COURT TV?? I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK OR WHO YOU VOTE FOR. YOU KNOW WHAT JAMI, COURT TV IS ALSO ONE HEART BEAT AWAY FROM GETTING A REPORTER THAT REPORTS ON THE CASES SHOWN AND NOT POLITICS. SHAME ON YOU!!! AND YES YOU SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT, YOU CAN LIE WITH THE BEST OF THEM.

Dana~ California   October 31st, 2008 3:51 pm ET

Hey I'd take Jami as VP over Palin anyday!..It's her show and her opinion..that is why you her her say "I get the last word!"lighten up people...

bryteblu   October 31st, 2008 3:56 pm ET

Calm down all of you! It's Halloween and a joke! That is the problem with alot of this country, noone has a sense of humor anymore! So what if we heard about her affiliation, dont like what you see? Change the channel!!!!

Bonnie   October 31st, 2008 4:00 pm ET

Last word, with Jami Floyd's comments today on Sarah Palin, will now stop me from watching her segment of In Session. Totally uncalled for on a Court TV program.

Michelle   October 31st, 2008 4:01 pm ET

Jami,
Wow! I just lost all respect I had for you, especially woman to woman. I have defended you to the nth degree for your opinions, but to put down the second woman to be nominated for possible VP is a huge disappointment. Saying that Sarah Palin spends that much money on clothes, when you clearly have spent plenty on your appearance makes you look extremely bitter and hypocritical. Your show is no longer a part of my DVR.

Tom benedetti   October 31st, 2008 4:01 pm ET

It never ceases to amaze me how woman are the first to trash each other. Ms. Palin has more leadership experience than the Democratic Presidential nominee, but Ms. Floyd is too mesmerized by a man who is telling us anything to get elected. Good Luck America

shelly   October 31st, 2008 4:06 pm ET

I think your "last word" was terrible. First of all, nobody cares what you think about politics, and that is not what your show is about. You, along with all the celebrities that seem to think we care about their opinions, need to stick to what they do best. if you or anyone else wants to comment on politics then get in the game. I'm sure you don't want the politicians commenting on the job you do.

Bottom line is, your comments were offensive and they were personal attacks against someone that doesn't deserve them.

It's very obvious that you are a racist when it comes to Sara Palin.

Shame on you!

larry roberts   October 31st, 2008 4:56 pm ET

I had almost quit watching court tv because of the continous useless
talking by the hosts. Today Jami Floyd crossed the line from a court tv reporter to a political activist. This should suprise no one who has watched CNN or complete nauseating nonsense. Court TV or In Session, whatever you want to call yourself just lost another viewer.

bobbie powers   October 31st, 2008 5:09 pm ET

this host went over the line, fortunately I have the last word, and that is to not watch this show, and boycott her sponsors in the future.....Bobbie Tn/

Quin Carr   October 31st, 2008 5:19 pm ET

Keep up the good work Jami.

Rukmini   October 31st, 2008 9:20 pm ET

I love Jami Floyd but I watch In Session and especially her section to enjoy a break from the rambling stories, rumors, jokes and inane discussions on Obama and Palin.

She is entitled to say whatever she wants to on Politics but her program on Court TV may not be the best forum for that.

If she really felt the need to talk about the elections, she could have avoided coming across as partisan and could have simply encouraged people to vote.

Ted K.   November 1st, 2008 3:06 am ET

Era...

What kind of report is this?

Say what you want about Sarah Palin, she has more experience running an executive office than The One.

And John McCain spent more time serving his country in a POW camp than Barrack Obama has spent in the US Senate.

Essie   November 1st, 2008 7:53 pm ET

I watch the Best Defense everyday – or should i say I use to. This was over the top. You say that Governor Palin is not qualified? What makes Obama qualified? I can't believe you are turning a blind eye to his politics and his associations. I find it hard to accept that anyone that wants to join the military has to allow his/her life to be dissected but when asked of the person who wants to be the Commander in Chief, Obama REFUSES to allow this. Why? What is he hiding? What's your last word on that? I watched COURT TV for the trials, not your political view.

Jean   November 2nd, 2008 1:18 am ET

It was so refreshing to see Jami in her element. She was capable of repeating rhetoric that has revealed the intelligence of the people that continue to spew it. Although Jami did not change my decision about my vote ALL the bashing of Palin about totally irrelevant issues and John McCain's age have made me rethink my opinions. I am neither Democrat nor Republican and fully intended to vote a Democratic ticket due to the past eight years.

People say if you don't vote for Obama you must be racist. It surely couldn't be for any other reason. I am FEMALE and I am OLD (enough). Prejudice has reared it's ugly head during the campaign of Sarah Palin and John McCain. The people that propogate this should not be surprised if it appears at their front door. For Jami to reduce herself as a woman to say these things only emphasizes the truth in what she is really saying. I think you overestimate yourself, Jami, if you actually think you have the same qualifications as Sara Palin. Even if this were true, you don't have the personal appeal.

Miriam   November 2nd, 2008 2:38 am ET

Ahh did you ever say anything about the cost of Hillary Clinton's wardrobe – Jackets at $3000 and pants at $2000 each. Why was her's not made mention of? or how much are the suits that all the male poliicians wear? I know they do not shop at Walmart. So where do you shop for your clothes Jami? I like Sarah Palin and I would be glad if she was elected President in the future should she decide to run. I am voting for John McCain/Sarah Palin as you can tell. I am a registered republican, but I have always voted on the character of the person not the party. Another woman I would vote for as vice president or possibly president would be Condaleeza Rice. I will be glad when all this election is over. I am just tired of the whole campaigning mess. But I do appreciate that massive interest that it has created. One more thing I would really like to see happen is that there would be term limits for all political offices. There needs to be no more life time politicians at all. They all need to only serve a minimum term and not years!

Pat   November 2nd, 2008 11:05 pm ET

October 31st, 2008 3:51 pm ET

Hey I’d take Jami as VP over Palin anyday!..It’s her show and her opinion..that is why you her her
say “I get the last word!”lighten up people…
Dana~ your right, but I've watched
Court TV for the trials, not personal political views,
and this was a last for the this time. Slot.
pf

John Lennon   November 3rd, 2008 8:57 am ET

Jami has the nerve to judge Sara Palin for what she wears. That has nothing to do with the kind of job she can do. Now as far as who Jami votes for, she`s gonna vote for a man that won`t salute our flag, won`t produce his birth certificate, won`t recite the pledge of allegience, is a Muslim,and is married to a women that says "FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE ,SHE`S PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN'!!!!! Your man is discusting!!!!!

Christine Karvonen   November 3rd, 2008 9:57 am ET

I love you Jamie, but don't knock Sarah!!!! I would be afraid if Barack wins like you are of Sarah.

BR   November 3rd, 2008 11:48 am ET

I think overall- many are just tired of Jami Floyd's soap box antics.
Compared to Jean C. and Beth K. she just seems so unprofessional
at times. (at least the "paper tearing" routine has gone by the wayside).
She is ALWAYS bringing up her personal issues and using the
program for her own forums. It is never presented in a calm and
clear thinking reasonable demeanor. She always presents HER OWN PRIVATE VIEWS in a combative and "I am part of the abused sisterhood" type of manner. "I get the last word" is not usually a review of the agenda or what is being addressed, but her OWN private issues.
Personally, I would prefer to see Jean or Beth as the anchor and Jamie out in the field covering the trials. Maybe she would pull herself together a bit- and her own internal issues would have to go the way of
the "paper tearing" routine.

Jackster   November 3rd, 2008 12:18 pm ET

This is more important than the color of a suit. Read on and be very afraid. Wake up people.

Below are a few lines from Obama's books " his words: From Dreams of My Father:

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

"There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the
political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Further more...

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag
pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, during rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking
sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

This man does not respect our symbols of pride and freedom and respect. This man proposes to be the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces who fight for our flag and our veterans who have fought, died, been maimed, over the last 200+ years? I suspect that he also does not believe in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag, but yet when you see him making a speech on television (like the recent Philadelphia race speech) he is surrounded by a backdrop of 10 or more American flags! He likes those props! You can assume from all this that he is a fake and a hypocrite.

Something is wrong and frightening here.

Barbara Westbrook   November 3rd, 2008 12:23 pm ET

Jami, I have always disagreed with ALL your comments and statements, You truly are a JERK, I have not tuned in to this program in ages mostly because of your biased opinions. Your comments on Sarah Palin only further proves your ignorance. She certainly has accomplished more than you. As for experience and ability, she has tons more than the two idiots you are supporting. HOW DARE YOU!!! When are they going to get rid of you, that goes for Ashley too, Jack Ford is the only one on this program with any class. This is the last straw, I'll NEVER watch this show again.

John Lennon   November 4th, 2008 12:23 pm ET

Jami,I can`t figure out why you want to keep racism going . It`s people like you that keeps the hate going! The only reason you like Obama is because he`s black and you make that known in public. I guess you don`t care what your husbands feelings are. I don`t hold a persons color against them. The man you are voting for hates whites and he stated that in his own book!!! All i can say is, when Obama ruins this free country, you can look in the mirror and say, what did i do!!!

Spider   November 4th, 2008 1:57 pm ET

John Lennon-

I whole heartedly agree with you. Jami seems to believe that if you use racism as an excuse for everything, then it will disappear. My personal idea is if racism is continually brought up, in irrelevant situations, it will keep the idea going. Racists will smile at it's mention and continue to preach it, non-racists will find it aggravating to always be reminded of it and resent the reminders.

By the way John, I totally love "Imagine".

Mr. Marshall   November 10th, 2008 10:29 am ET

Keep up the good work. "Muah"

About this blog

This is your online home for In Session on truTV’s up-to-the minute, comprehensive coverage of legal issues, trials and news from America’s courtrooms.  Our anchors, analysts and producers are teaming up here to give you updates on the stories that matter to you.

Be sure to tune in to In Session on truTV from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. ET.

On Twitter
RT @hlnmakingit: We're talking about last night's #debate and tomorrow's jobs report! Tune in to @HLNTV now http://t.co/YlrEGOIq
Twitter icon HLNTV 4:14 pm ET October 4, 2012 RETWEET
Now on #HLN: RT @hlnmakingit: Having fun today w our #Obama & #Romney cut-outs. Play our game 'who said that' at 4p http://t.co/59AvFwnH
Twitter icon HLNTV 4:00 pm ET October 4, 2012 RETWEET
The #YellowDogProject, a sign for pets in a doggone bad mood http://t.co/WE1XNF05 via @LilThunderLiz @louisianabrown
Twitter icon HLNTV 3:31 pm ET October 4, 2012 RETWEET
RT @DarrenKavinoky: RT @DarrenKavinoky: Getting ready to dig into the toxicology issues in the #MillionaireDUI Case. Join us at @InSession on @truTV!
Twitter icon InSession 1:36 pm ET October 4, 2012 RETWEET
Philadelphia top cop says he plans to fire officer who struck parade-goer. READ MORE: http://t.co/TDlUEbw7
Twitter icon InSession 1:27 pm ET October 4, 2012 RETWEET